The SolarEdge Power Optimiser is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each solar panel, turning them into smart panels. The SolarEdge Power Optimisers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each panel individually. Furthermore, the Power Optimisers monitor the performance of each panel and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective panel-level maintenance. Each Power Optimiser is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically reduces panels' DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a StorEdge inverter operating in backup mode).
The MPPT per panel allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and panel types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, the Power Optimisers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge Power Optimisers are compatible with c-Si, thin-film, and high current panels, and have a 25-year warranty.
- Per-panel Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), with MPPT per two panels using commercial Power Optimisers
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of panels mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance, to partial shading and aging
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic panel DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Connected by installers to c-Si, thin-film, and high current (including bi-facial) panels
- Available as frame mounted in advance, for quicker installation