The Country Manager will have full responsibility for all SolarEdge business activities in the assigned country and administrative responsibility for all SolarEdge activity in the country. The primary responsibility is to develop and lead the short and long sales and business development strategy in the country. Additionally, as the senior SolarEdge manager in the country, the County Manager will support sales, technical, and marketing activities in the country as applicable.
- Create a vision and strategy for the future country business in particular sales, service, and channels as is consistent with the overall goals of the global strategy of SolarEdge.
- Accurately forecast business volumes, product mix, and timing.
- Consistently meet sales quotas and market share targets.
- Track and manage financial performance in the country including sales price, margin, and spending.
- Manage SolarEdge local team, support their daily needs and work together to create a business plan of how to meet the country target.
- Nurture the relationship with leading PV project developers in the country both those that are active locally and globally.
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve the product portfolio for use in the market by regularly gathering feedback from customers, business partners and by closely monitoring industry trends
- Provide input regarding marketing and product positioning strategies specifically to Brazil
- Act as a company representative with partners, government agencies, or other parties to establish the viability of working relationships
- Develop a marketing and branding plan for SolarEdge in the country, maintain a strong industry presence, and take an active role in relevant professional activities and functions.
- Recruit and manage a strong team of sales, marketing, application, and service engineers for the region.
- Work closely with SolarEdge headquarters and global team to leverage cross-regions capabilities and knowledge to maximize SolarEdge's global success.
- Support all SolarEdge activities in the country in particular Business Development by originating contacts with other companies and assess their potential as partners, clients, or acquisitions.
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in business and sales in Brazil.
- Experience in managing regional/country sales teams in Brazil.
- Willingness to travel.
- A BA/BS in a related technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc. is an advantage.
- Candidates should have a verifiable record of successfully growing market share.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand the technical workings of the SolarEdge product line and convey the advanced technical product benefits to potential customers in easy-to-grasp terms.
- Proven track record of identifying, negotiating/converting, and closing large deals/ accounts.
- Demonstrated success in operating effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex, rapid growth environment.
- A distinct customer service focus.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese (writing, speaking, listening).
- A hungry go-getter with a strong can-do and hands-on attitude.
- Technically savvy.
- Energetic, highly motivated, and driven manager person who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do whatever is personally necessary to guarantee the success of the company.
- Team Player.
Please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org