SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy technology. We believe that a continuous improvement in the way we produce and consume energy will lead to a better future for all of us. By combining engineering excellence with a relentless focus on innovation, SolarEdge drives progress by creating the smart energy solutions that power our future. For example, the SolarEdge DC optimized inverter maximizes power generation while lowering the cost of energy produced by the PV system. Continuing to advance smart energy, SolarEdge addresses a broad range of energy market segments through its PV, storage, EV charging, batteries, UPS, and grid services solutions.
You will report directly the VP Marketing Europe and also to the Country Manager, France, in a matrix-management structure. You will be a native French speaker living in France, responsible for the French market, preferably office based in Lyon but a working-from-home arrangement is also negotiable. But you will be expected to travel from time-to-time within the country to meet customers, attend events and occasional fly outside the region for European and potentially Head Quarter activities in Israel.
The EU Marketing team is made up of highly creative, competent, marketing professionals, who are capable of thinking and doing at the same time. In your role, you’ll be expected to create, implement and maintain a marketing strategy with the vision based on SolarEdge being the prosumers #1 choice for smart energy solutions. Your touch points are mostly B2B but with increasing emphasis on B2B2C.
In order to achieve this, you must:
- Seek valuable insights into your market and customers - distributors, installers and prosumers (people who produce and consume energy) - and use these insights to grow market share
- Know intimately what SolarEdge products and services you are selling and why, including in-depth insights into how it beat the competition
- Make it easier for prosumers in France to access SolarEdge’s smart energy solutions and figure out ways to delight them with our innovative technology
You will also be challenged to contribute beyond your regional responsibilities and take on a special project to improve the overall performance of the marketing department in Europe.
- Develop and deliver campaigns to generate leads, grow revenues, focusing on at least one significant campaign per quarter
- Drive content generation for Newsletters, case studies, articles, testimonials, sales presentations etc.
- Advertising and media planning and execution
- Developing relevant local web and social media content
- Events management, ranging from large exhibitions to smaller co-marketing activities with our partners
- Ensuring your region complies with brand and corporate guidelines
- Sales support and lead generation
- Manage your marketing budget, including forecasting, tracking spend, optimizing return on investments
- Organise customer training programs and webinars
- Coordinating the production of artwork, show walls and marketing materials that comply with brand guidelines, your marketing budget and agreed deadlines
- Being a proud Ambassador of the SolarEdge brand, prepared to present, speak to and in front of customers
- Ensuring purity and integrity of translations from English into French
- Languages: It is essential that you are a Native French speaker and fluent in English. Other EU languages will be valuable but not essential
- Education: University Degree essential. No subject type is essential but Marketing, Business Admin, Technical Design and Engineering disciplines would be considered favourably.
- Marketing Experience: 3 years’ minimum in Marketing, including digital marketing and events management.
- Industry Experience: Renewable energy, high-tech, power electronics, electric vehicle industries are highly preferable.
- You will be capable of demonstrating the following soft skills and attributes
- Leadership skills, with ability to think strategically and creatively
- Exemplary clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Meticulous planning and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task, stay calm under pressure and retain cross-group collaborations
- Perceptive, empathetic team player with a strong desire to empower others
- Solid analytical skills with consistent attention to detail and also good with numbers
- Presentation skills, including the ability to speak and inspire audiences of any size
Please send CV in English with indication of the relevant position (country and title) to Shir.Shargal@solaredge.com