SolarEdge is a global leader in the Solar industry, manufacturing smart energy solutions that include intelligent inverters and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, smart energy modules, smart home modules and grid services. By doing that, SolarEdge is changing the way Electricity is being produced and consumed.
The Embedded control teams develop SW products that create the basic building blocks of the SolarEdge system and deal with various fields - power conversion algorithmic, communication algorithmic, optimizations, RT problems on different platforms - DSPs, Company’s ASIC and digital controlled power converters for photo-voltaic power systems. Our technological challenges taking part in the following fields: power electronics, digital close loop control and digital signal processing algorithms implemented on company’s microprocessors.
By joining us, you’ll have the chance to develop unique products from concept level to mass production, while working with advanced simulation and developing tools.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with other professionals ( system , HW, SW , certification) to promote suitable SW design , guidelines
- Create platforms for promoting new SW designs - brain storm meeting , routine meeting with relevant Engineers for establishing new design , new technologies usages.
- Map the existing designs - create docs
- Propose improvements to existing designs .
- Define integration of new designs of features into existing designs.
- Define new designs for new products.
- Work with colleges from other close couples disciplines to establish unified approach for high level design
- Provide internal consultation for specific design problems .
- Promote / lead complex problems investigations.
- Routine sync with group director
- Close sync with infrastructure teams
- Define SW internal group SW dev standards
- Schedule and Lead all the group DR’s/CR’s
- Guide and train the teams to improve their SW products quality
- Lead proof of concept tasks
- B.Sc computer science / Electrical engineering - Must
- M.Sc in computer science - Advantage.
- 3-4 years as embedded SW architect from multidisciplinary background
- 10+ years experience in the industry
- Experience working with system / algorithms / HW teams
- Vast SW technologies and methods experience
- Experience with standards and certification: UL1998/AUTOSAR /ASPICE,… - Advantage
- Experience with SW infrastructure technologies - communication protocols and their pros and cons ( low level :CAN , RS485, ETH and higher levels - ISOTP, TCP ,…)File systems.
- Experience with various chips/ SOC’s designs
- Experience working in large corporations - advantage
- Programming in C
- Embedded SW OS’s
- Team player