SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy technology. By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, SolarEdge creates smart energy solutions that power our lives and drive future progress. In the next position, you will have the opportunity to take part in research and development in shaping Solaredge next-generation energy storage devices as an Energy storage R&D Researcher.
We are looking for an Electrochemistry/Material Specialist to provide Li-ion electrochemistry and technical understanding and experience which supports battery cell development and production. The researcher will be responsible for and participate in hands-on research and development according to the company goals.
The position is located in Ness Ziona
What will you be doing:
- Research and development the project, delivering against agreed budget, time, and scope parameters. Sometimes in a tight schedule under pressure conditions.
- Assist in providing internal support on all matters relating to electrochemical properties and materials chemistry for Lithium-ion battery cell technology.
- Testing and electrochemical and material analysis of Li-ion cell technology development.
- Perform in-house research, testing and analysis, writing technical reports and participating in review meetings to optimize future Lithium-ion battery products.
- Support in the Scale-up process from research and development to the scale-up\pilot stage of his project.
- Might guide additional research assistants in a joint project.
- From time to time, traveling to a major company manufacturing sites (locally and overseas) according to the company needs and tasks in accordance with the role.
- Substantial prior work experience or research into the field of electrochemistry, within the development of Li-ion battery cell technology which includes demonstrated records of technical accomplishments in battery materials and electrolytes, cell design development, characterization, and performance evaluation, materials, processing and manufacturing.
- Expert understanding and experience with li-ion battery materials.
- Ph.D. in engineering, chemistry or material science is essential.
- A strong knowledge, experience, analysis and understanding of electrochemical properties and materials chemistry, ideally from both a commercial and research-based Li-ion energy storage cell technology background.
- Prior experience in lithium-ion battery development for the industry is a strong advantage.
- Strong documentation methods and practice are essential.
- Good analysis practice, preferred experience in JMP\SQL or alike.
- Must have a team-player approach
- Fluent speaking and writing in English
- Team Player