SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, and by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced.
The Technical solutions team is the final escalation point within the Technical Support Organization and the link to R&D, Quality, Product Management and Engineering departments regarding Technical issues, both hardware and software, that cannot be resolved by levels 1 & 2 support staff, these issues are escalated to the Technical solutions expert from our globally spread teams.
As a Technical service engineer (Tier3) you have the opportunity to troubleshoot and resolve the most difficult and complicated issues.
What you'll be doing in this position:
- Working closely with the different R&D departments and Product teams in order to resolve complex technical issues raised from global service organization.
- Participating in product definitions, testing and integration.
- Investigating and analyzing the company's large scale install base.
- Work continuously to increase the junior support engineers technical knowledge by conducting weekly trainings including reviewing escalated cases, technical concepts and troubleshooting procedures.
- Provide product training to junior support engineers and act as a mentor for them.
- Create and revise the service origination troubleshooting procedures and technical knowledgebase and sharing that information with the entire Support organization.
- Ensure that all levels the customer support are informed and are current with the service origination troubleshooting procedures, technical knowledge and product enhancements/ latest releases by working closely with R&D, Q&R and the Product teams.
- Provide “on-site” support and trainings to global customers as needed.
- Maintaining required product environments for the entire Customer Support organization.
- The escalation point for Tier 3 troubleshooting issues being escalated from Tier 1 & 2 support staff globally.
- Ensure customer and partners inquiries are responded professionally- within established timeframes and that customer care and technical support service levels are achieved.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a minimum 3 years’ experience in providing call center technical support on electronic imaging products or high-speed automation controls with focus on multidisciplinary products .
- Experience utilizing debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Basic understanding of AC/DC and DC/DC circuits and ohms law.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot hardware and software issues to determine the root cause and present suggested work-around and solutions.
- Proven call center support experience as well as exhibiting professional client facing skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts pertaining to proportions, percentages circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must speak, read and write fluent English.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Possesses strong customer relation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Perform in an effective and timely manner all the tasks required.
- Exhibit above average reasoning ability by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel 15-20% to customer site as needed.