SolarEdge is a global leader in solar energy and smart energy solutions. The company has grown to be the leading supplier of residential solar power electronics and is growing rapidly to become a leader in energy management. The company's broad range of products encompasses residential solar energy and storage systems, home energy consumption and management, electrical vehicle power electronics and drivetrains, smart UPS systems, and commercial/utility electrical energy generation and storage systems. Our products are changing the way electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
We are looking for a Patent Agent for our System and Patent Team.
The System & Patent team is a multidisciplinary engineering team responsible for culling innovative ideas from all departments, conducting early-stage research related to new technologies and/or next-generation product features, providing R&D services to various teams and leading efforts in creating and protecting the company’s intellectual property. The team reports to the company CTO and handles company-wide inventions and new technologies. Come join us with this exciting opportunity to make a difference and directly contribute to the company’s continuing success.
What you will do:
· Collaborate with inventors to discover patentable inventions.
· Write excellent patent applications.
· Prosecute patent applications.
· Analyze patents and new technologies.
· Graduate level English skills, both reading and writing – required. English native language preferred.
· B.Sc. degree in engineering (electrical, electronics, biomedical, mechanical, chemical, or materials) or exact science (physics, chemistry) – required. Advanced degree – preferred.
· 2+ years’ experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications – required. 4+ years preferred.
· Experience with power electronics, lithium-ion batteries, or electric vehicles – advantage.
· Patent agent/attorney certification – advantage.