SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems and revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
The IoT group specializes in making SolarEdge devices smarter and more connected.
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and software development of a new complex SoC project that forms the next generation communication platform of SolarEdge’s products.
What you will be doing:
- Develop low-level firmware in partnership with hardware and ASIC design teams
- Develop BSP for ARM Cortex-A processor based board, including U-Boot, Linux kernel, and device drivers development for initial board bring-up and system integration
- Participate in defining the platform layer software architecture for a variety of hardware components and board layouts
- Working within a large group of Embedded Linux developers
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent – must.
- 3+ years of experience in developing low-level firmware - must
- Strong proficiency with C – must.
- Understanding schematics, experience with logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and JTAG – must.
- Experience in developing and maintaining board support packages (BSP) for embedded systems. (ARM Cortex-A systems is an advantage). – advantage.
- Experience in developing Embedded Linux device drivers – advantage.
- Secure boot, TrustZone, OP-TEE, authentication/encryption, and/or security hardware accelerator experience – A strong advantage
- Experience in Linux user space application development – advantage
- Proficiency with Linux kernel internals and Embedded Linux build systems, buildroot or Yocto – advantage.
- SPI, RS485 busses, WiFi, SubGHz driver experience – advantage.
- Hands-on DDR calibration and debug experience – advantage
- Experience in Python and C++ – advantage.
- Self and fast learning abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking
- Great interpersonal skills