SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems & revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
The Strategic Purchasing Team is handling all the commercial aspect of new Parts, special components and custom parts.
The strategic buyer should be well-organized and can work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment. The position requires multi-tasking skills .
The Strategic Buyer is responsible for managing supplier and assisting in the scheduling of materials and processing.
This Position will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, implementing and administering long term supply agreements for the assigned commodity areas. Key responsibilities include participating in cross-functional teams, researching best commodity practices, achieving cost reduction initiatives and executing sourcing strategies.
- Works with assigned commodity group, planning and organizing all tasks.
- Sourcing support- investigates potential suppliers.
- Participate in Supplier quality activities such as corrective action completion.
- Works with best total cost solutions. May coordinate and negotiate corporate contracts for assigned commodities with the expectation of providing purchase price reductions and establishing purchase pricing.
- Qualifies suppliers through Supplier Quality audits and continuously reviews supplier’s performance.
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects at one time.
- Maintain supplier relationships in order to drive cost reductions while continually achieving the highest level of quality material.
- Review, analyze and interpret various reports.
- Ability to evaluate procurement marketplace for assigned commodities.
- Remains current on economic, industrial and other trends that affect market and prices.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 6 plus years purchasing experience of mechanical and custom parts .
- Technical purchasing and out-sourcing skills.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).