SolarEdge is a top global leader manufacturing smart energy solutions. We are expanding our offering with a new line of products – HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), and are building a new R&D group which will be responsible for the research, design and development of these new products, from conception to mass production.
We are looking for a talented Embedded SW Engineer with expertise in Motor Control to be part of this exciting development. You will be responsible for the definition, development, testing, and implementation of software of embedded devices, various motor control algorithms, and more.
This is a great opportunity to have real influence of new product lines from the start, to face new challenges for the company, to be really creative and innovative.
What will you be doing
- Develop and implement software of embedded devices such as DSP and microcontrollers
- Define and develop SW Interfaces and low level drive SW with target hardware
- Develop and implement various motor control algorithms on PMSM/BLDC motors
- Write code on newly designed, and pre-mature PCBA’s and evaluation boards
- Prepare SW specifications and design documents
- Develop, code, test, and troubleshoot the embedded software
- Define and develop automation tests for headwear and system testing
- Analyze, monitor and improve efficiency and stability of the system in HVAC lab
- Work closely with Thermodynamic and hardware engineers
- Support software QA activities
- Provide post production support when necessary
- Manage software versions using common source control tools
- Track SW bug opening and resolve bug
- Academic degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience with development and troubleshooting on embedded targets, especially in motor control systems utilizing significant voltages and currents
- Knowledge of electrical motor construction and basic electrical operation
- Knowledge of measuring electrical signals by Real Time SW
- Developing on various micro-controllers and dealing with various RT constraints
- Good programming knowledge and experience in C or C++
- Experience with control\power electronics.
- Knowledge of basic schedulers and embedded OS (Free RTOS/Linux)
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools, defect-tracking tools, etc.
- Knowledge of software IDE tools (Keil/IAR)
- Knowledge of different serial protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzer (SALEA), and more
- Ownership of a SW end to end- from concept through development, integration and field deployment