SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, and by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced.
Responsibility over IT mission critical enterprise systems, such as virtual infrastructure (VMWARE), networking and security (Cisco and Fortinet), storage infrastructure, Operating Systems, Enterprise Applications, etc.
Act as a technical expert for performance tuning, troubleshooting day-to-day on going issues considering the supported systems.
Actively monitor the supported systems, and provide pro-active solutions to prevent failures before occuring.
Promote IT projects and deployments of new products while enforcing best practices.
End-to-end projects leadership considering planning, implementation and documentation.
Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications. Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develops system specifications. Identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
- manage the day-to-day operations of the company’s IT infrastructure
- Virtual environment (VMWARE)
- Servers and operating systems
- Network and security systems
- Storage arrays
- Enterprise applications
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans and custom scripts
- Designs, installs, upgrades, configures, and repairs local and remote systems, infrastructure and network hardware.
- Evaluates, tests, and recommends appropriate technology, assists in the preparation of proposals and solutions presentations.
- Provides advanced systems administration support across ESX and Windows platforms.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, tape libraries and other components.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Manages the data center and computer host systems including hardware and software.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology.
- Act as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Knowledge of the principles, best practices, and techniques used in administering complex infrastructure.At least 5 years’ experience with VMware vSphere environments - MUST
- At least 5 years’ experience with MicrosoftS Server
- Good knowledge with Linux based operating systems
- Good knowledge with FortiGate Firewalls
- Good knowledge with Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Switches
- Knowledge of the principles, best practices, and techniques used in administering complex infrastructure.
- Excellent customer service orientation and skills.
- Demonstrative ability to own and manage projects.
- Well organized, attention to detail and excellent documentation abilities
- Skilled at working within a team
- Ability to make correct timely decisions, effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Out of the box thinking, flexibility and creativity
- At least 5 years’ experience with VMware
- At least 5 years’ experience with MS Server
- Good knowledge with FortiGate Firewall
- Good knowledge with Cisco Switches
It will be great if you have:
- Good knowledge with storage systems like NetApp
- Good knowledge with Veeam
- Good knowledge with storage systems (like NetApp and HPe Nimble) - AdvantageGood knowledge with Veeam
- Varied IT skills and knowledge
- Willingness and availability to work hard, work nights and weekends beyond regular working hours