Technical Service Engineer - Tier 3
Join Gamatronic, a SolarEdge division, and be part of our new UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system offering
Gamatronic develops, manufactures, and sells UPS electrical devices that provide emergency power to appliances when the input power source fails. The company’s technology includes UPS systems of a wide range of outputs, monitoring, and control solutions for power systems
The Tier 3 Technical Support team is the final escalation point within the Technical Support Organization. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by levels 1 & 2 support staff in the field are escalated to the Tier 3 Technical Support Engineer.
As a Tier 3 Engineer you will demonstrate an attitude and appetite for learning new technologies, and applying this to solve customer issues remotely to drive customer satisfaction. You’ve the opportunity to troubleshoot and resolve the most difficult and complicated issues. This position works closely with R&D, Quality, Product Management, Engineering and Sales. The Tier 3 Engineer is the escalation point for technical support issues globally.
What you'll be doing in this position:
- The escalation point for Tier 3 TS issues being escalated from Tier 1 & 2 support staff globally.
- Provide product training to Tier 1 & 2 support and act as a mentor to junior support engineers.
- Provide “on-site” support to global customers as needed.
- Responsible for escalating technical issues, that could not be resolved by Tier 1 & 2 Engineers, to Product Development and Software Development.
- Maintain required product environments for the entire Customer Support organization.
- Work continuously to increase Tier 2 Engineer product knowledge by reviewing escalated cases on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all levels of Customer Support are informed and current of all product enhancements/ latest releases by working closely with the Product teams and sharing that information with the entire Support organization.
- Ensure customer and partner inquiries are responded to within established timeframes and customer care and technical support service levels are achieved.
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering, and a minimum 3 years’ experience in providing call center technical support on electronic systems and/or capital equipment systems.
- Electrical license
- Experience utilizing debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Basic understanding of AC/DC and DC/DC circuits and ohms law and DC/AC circuits and their basic principles/ topologies – Advantage.
- Basic understanding in building power flow: Schematic, Wire and CB selection, Power parameters and measurements – Advantage
- Ability to logically troubleshoot software issues to determine the root cause and present suggested work-around and solutions.
- Proven professional client facing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Possesses strong customer relation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Fluent English, speaking and writing – Must. Other languages - Advantage
- Perform in an effective and timely manner all the tasks required.
- Exhibit above average reasoning ability by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Ability to travel globally 25% (or more) to customer site as needed.