SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, and by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced.
This is a leadership role responsible for managing the development and delivery of a new and exciting cloud software solutions that SolarEdge is aiming to develop. The solution will be based on various technologies including such as MySQL, NoSQL solutions for real-time data and a modern micro-service architecture. The role entails hiring and managing a dedicated team of developers, working with both internal partners (Scrum masters, Architects, Agile members) and external partners and integrations. This individual will have hands on involvement in design, development and testing of new software projects in an Agile fashion, as well as responsibility for testing and delivery processes.
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Hire and mentor a new development team to work with a modern technology stack and deliver a high quality product to production continuously.
- Define system architecture based on product needs, scalability and availability.
- Work with the product teams to plan and execute deliverables, ensuring that the teams have appropriate requirements, technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver solutions effectively with realistic estimates to meet business goals
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to optimum performance levels and career development
- Test and validate functionality within and between applications, which could include integration, performance, and/or systems testing
- Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis
- Provide recommendations for improving processes and procedures, and function as an escalation point and/or training resource for development team
- Ensure applications meet design specifications, adhere to standard coding practices and function per the requirements specification
- Participate in application documentation, training and deployment efforts
- Participate in selection of tools, technology platforms & technical evaluation of 3rd party vendor products
- Communicate with department management, Scrum masters, team members and product team on issues and the status of work planned and completed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience
- 10 years of application development and integration. Preference for knowledge in Java development.
- Minimum of 5 years of management leadership experience in a software development organization.
- Proficiency with Unit Testing, Test Driven Development and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with RDBMS like MySQL
- Experience with modern open source solution such as NoSQL, docker, Kafka, etc..
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of management leadership experience in a software development organization
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working through design, development, release, support and improvements cycle
- Proven experience building and managing highly available, critical systems and services
- Firm understanding of software development methodologies and object oriented principles
- Must be able to manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
- Ability to participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
- Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem solving skills