SolarEdge is a top global leader in smart energy technology. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, smart energy management solutions and more.
SolarEdge's power design teams play a crucial role in creating new innovative solutions, owning the process from design & development up to implementation and manufacturing.
What will you be doing
- In support of HVAC integration and development programs, the technician will install and test residential air conditioning equipment, calibrate electromechanical and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards. A significant part of work will done in external labs/test locations.
- Conduct testing procedures on components, subsystems, prototypes and finished production equipment per company standards in support of HVAC products development cycle
- Work in external/internal calorimetric labs locations
- Prepare equipment for tests, including complete installation of air conditioners with execution of refrigerant, mechanical and electrical works in company’s internal labs as well as in external laboratories
- Build setup for various standard tests and adapt setup and test equipment to new situations, based on test request documents, instructions and standards
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory instrumentation for the tests
- Record observed data on appropriate forms and prepare test reports
- Perform routine maintenance of designated test equipment, instruments and laboratory area
- Maintain effective communication with project team to assure performance of duties
- Integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Technical cooling and air conditioning degree/certification (Technician, Practical Engineer), at least five years’ experience as a laboratory technician
- Technical electricity certification (low voltage)
- Knowledge and experience in refrigeration systems, electrical systems, and controls
- Review technical manuals of HVAC systems
- Review electrical schematics of HVAC electrical/electronic circuits.
- Use of various laboratory instruments and equipment
- Computer skills: MS Office, test control and data monitoring & logging (LabVIEW or other), HVAC lab software
- Minimum 3 years of experience with HVAC equipment function and operation, working knowledge of air conditioners operation and ability to troubleshoot
- Proven technical skills: electrical works, instrumentation, refrigerant charging and recovery procedures, cooper pipework working with brazing tools, wiring, soldering
- Experience in psychrometrics and calorimetric laboratories – advantage