SolarEdge is a top global leader in smart energy technology. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, smart energy management solutions and more.
For a new R&D team, which is responsible for the design and development of SolarEdge new products line in the HVAC field, we are looking energetic, talented and experienced lab lead engineer who is looking for challenging opportunities in this continuously growing industry.
In this role, you will be part of a growing development team and will take place in building and testing our next generation products.
What will you be doing in this position?
Lab Manager will belong to HVAC R&D Group and will be responsible for testing of various HVAC equipment and Lab facility (Calorimetric environmental chambers and other).
The Lab Manager oversees all aspects of the Lab, including but not limited to: test planning, preparation, execution and reporting, maintenance and periodic calibration of all instruments/ data acquisition equipment, activities and professional development of Lab Technicians and ordering of supplies needed to ensure smooth operation.
- Establish, prepare and conduct testing procedures on components, subsystems, prototypes and finished production equipment per appropriate standards in support of HVAC products development cycle
- Record and analyze observed data on appropriate forms
- Prepare test reports
- Organize and archive all test data files and reports
- Maintain effective communication with project team to assure performance of duties
- Take part in product development, project plan and design reviews
- Integrate continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- Ensure that all instrumentation, equipment and consumables are fully stocked and available, correctly calibrated and maintained
- Provide leadership and daily management of Lab Technician/s
Instruct and supervise the Lab Technicians for, and taking part of:
- Preparation and conducting of testing procedures
- Preparation equipment for tests, including complete installation of air conditioners with execution of refrigerant, mechanical and electrical works in the Lab as well as in external laboratories
- Building setup for various standard tests and adapt setup and test equipment to new situations, based on test request documents, instructions and standards
- Setting up standard and special purpose laboratory instrumentation for the tests
- Perform routine maintenance of designated test equipment, instruments and laboratory area
- In the first phase, will be involved in the Lab construction project for supervision on the Lab manufacturer
- BSc in Mech. Engineering/other discipline relates to HVAC&R from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years as a laboratory manager/engineer (experience in psychrometric/calorimetric laboratory is desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in HVAC unitary equipment development
- Familiar with Certification, Testing and Rating Standards and related test procedures for Unitary Air-conditioning and Unitary Air-source Heat Pumps: AHRI, ASHRAE, EN, ISO, etc.