We opened position at Solaredge technologies of Director of Manufacturing – Electronic product assembly and automation assembly operations to join our team located in Guadalajara, Mexico. This position reports to the Vice President of Global Manufacturing and is responsible, through subordinate and matrix management, for the planning, managing, technical, safety, quality, performance, production KPI and capacity.
What will you be doing:
- Responsibilities require the integration of multiple disciplines and Work in close collaboration and partnership with HR, Finance, Quality, Program Offices, Supply Chain, Engineering etc. departments to optimize overall operational excellence.
- Ensure all products are manufactured according to specifications, safety, and quality standards in most efficient manner.
- Provides overall direction and guidance to the organization’s daily and monthly manufacturing operation activities.
- Responsible for improving manufacturing processes, managing manufacturing spending, managing labor efficiency, and developing plans to control scrap.
- Manage operational capacity and machine/tool utilization, develop new areas of manufacturing technology and line efficiency, review current performance against forecasted operating plans, and analyze/recommend operating plan changes.
- Identify future opportunities and recommend capital equipment and capability development to support new technologies and world-class manufacturing initiatives.
- Manage personnel to ensure functional capability/capacity that aligns with business plans and objectives; coach and mentor personnel to expand and improve functional skills; develop and implement effective cross-training program; ensure timely and quality performance appraisals are conducted for all employees; identify/address development needs/opportunities to support growth and succession planning; ensure attention and adherence to safety and environmental policies.
- Drives employee engagement, positive culture, and execute strategic workforce planning initiatives.
- Identify/realize process improvement opportunities to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Ensure operations have skills necessary to support ongoing continuous improvement initiatives. Utilize metrics to audit progress vs. objectives.
- Administer continuous improvements through leadership.
- Drive and implement as needed KPIs ensuring customer and company business
- Provide solutions to root cause analysis investigations identified by quality, to non-conformances that are the direct result of manufacturing operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- 15+ years of experience in high tech manufacturing field – PCBA, Electronic assembly, Power electronic Assembly, Solar, Telecommunication etc.
- At least Bsc. degree in engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Mechanical/ Electronic/Electrical or related field
- 7+ years of experience in a senior Engineering /NPI/ Manufacturing management role managing international teams.
- Demonstrated success
- Influencing others
- Experience working with multinational cross functional teams in high volume manufacturing
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting Creative, “Out Of Box” thinking, Multi-tasking. Self-motivated, self-maintained and able to take the initiative to solve problems.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills
- Managing technical individuals in a rapidly evolving environment
- Highly skilled in troubleshooting and RCCA
- Expert understanding in DOEs, gauge R&R studies, tolerances, etc.
- Understand equipment to process dependencies
- High skills in English, speaking and writing
- Experience with manufacturing of High Power Electronics.
- Experience with NPI of Electronics products
- Experience with managing Contract manufacturing or work for top tier Electronic manufacturer.