SolarEdge is a global leader in the Solar industry, manufacturing smart energy solutions that include intelligent inverters and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, smart energy modules, smart home modules and grid services. By doing that, SolarEdge is changing the way electricity is being produced and consumed.
The Embedded control teams develop SW products that create the basic building blocks of the SolarEdge system and deal with various fields - power conversion algorithmic, communication algorithmic, optimizations, RT problems on different platforms - DSPs, Company’s ASIC and digital controlled power converters for photo-voltaic power systems. Our technological challenges taking part in the following fields: power electronics, digital close loop control and digital signal processing algorithms implemented on company’s microprocessors.
In this position, you will take part in developing advanced power simulation models based on SolarEdge’s state of the art products.
What you will be doing:
- Specification, design, development, testing & validation of simulation models for power electronics for power electronic applications. This role can include upgrade of existing designs, and applications engineering.
- Developing creative and innovative ideas for complex system and component challenges.
- Tracking global industry standards and trends to provide innovative solutions.
- Working on a modular and scalable architecture that can be applied across a range of low-voltage and high-voltage electrical systems.
- Collaborating with external suppliers and project partners.
- Working collaboratively with the product / certification / software / controls teams to ensure successful product development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics.
- Highly motivated to succeed - a self-starter who is driven and able to work with others effectively to "get things done".
- Knowledge and experience in simulation and test automation.
- Experienced with implementation tools and languages – C/C++, Python, Matlab, and Simulink.
- Strong communication, client awareness, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Advantage - Experience with power simulation tools such Power Factory, PSSE or PSCAD.
- Advantage - Hands on experience in power electronics hardware development including design, debugging, and validation.