SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems and revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
The Strategic Purchasing source is responsible for defining and implementing the sourcing strategy for assigned electronic mechanics and electromechanical components to assure on-time delivery, according to the company’s quality standards while reducing operational costs.
What will you be doing:
- Defining and implementing the procurement strategy per product family and regional territory.
- Manages the procurement cycle including sourcing new suppliers, negotiating agreements, and managing the fulfillment of the agreements.
- Working closely with R&D, Engineering, and Quality groups in qualifying new manufactures.
- Taking part in cross-functional teams including R&D, Engineering, Quality, and Supply Chain that identify opportunities for operational excellence and cost reduction.
- Coordinates with Marketing and Engineering departments on new product development.
- Participate in supplier quality activities such: quality audits, ongoing suppliers’ performance, and corrective action reviews.
- Evaluate procurement marketplace for assigned commodities and stay current on the economic, industrial, and other trends that may affect prices, quality, and availability.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in purchasing electronic components.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with senior management and good business acumen.
- Demonstrated success in developing and fostering relationships with suppliers while driving lower costs, superior performance, and continuous improvement.
- Team player, excellent people skills, ability to work in a multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment.
- Project management skills, proactive and result-oriented.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Technical purchasing and out-sourcing skills.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office and data analysis (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).