SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, and by doing that, we are changing the way electricity is being produced.
This is a great opportunity to join the System Engineering team, which is part of the R&D Division. In the System Engineering, you will lead SolarEdge's systems designs to create a new generation of products and improve the existing product range. You will work in a multidisciplinary environment and will need to define the system requirements and the validation process, with all R&D disciplines, such as Hardware, Software, Mechanical and Integration.
The ideal candidate is a “hands-on” experienced engineer that sees the “bigger picture”, loves a fast-paced work environment, is self-motivated and has excellent communication skills.
What will you be doing:
- Define the product system requirements, behavior, logic, interfaces considering all disciplines (Hardware, software, mechanics, thermal, user interface and more)
- Lead cross-discipline feasibility and tradeoff studies, system architecture development and design reviews
- Analyze and suggest architecture alternatives
- Conduct “hands-on” proof-of-concept on HW in the lab and field
- Investigate and solve complex system level problems
- Interact with Solaredge excellent engineers: Embedded, HW, Power, Cloud, Product Managers, Integration etc.
- Act as primary contact for system-related issues
- B.Sc. or higher in Physics or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience in System Engineering or design of new products
- 5+ years of relevant experience in multi-disciplinary technology fields: Systems, HW, Embedded, SW related projects, Algorithms
- Must have hands on R&D experience
- Understanding in storage systems, batteries, power electronics – advantage
- Python experience - advantage
- Highly motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Can work with many interfaces (board designers, layout designers, SW engineers, mechanical engineers, …)
- Ability to multi-task
- Out of the box thinking