SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems and revolutionary EV charger; by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced and consumed around the world.
The IoT group specializes in making SolarEdge devices smarter and more connected.
By joining us, you’ll have the chance to be involved from early stages of architecture & design planning, through development and testing phases up to integration within SolarEdge hardware products, cloud infrastructures, and field deployment.
What you'll be doing in this position:
- Define, evaluate, investigate and prototype IoT technologies and solutions.
- Design, develop and verify user space embedded applications, both in low level and system level.
- Participate in design reviews, architecture definition and test planning.
- Work with adjacent teams such as hardware, integration, support and ATE.
- Education: B.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent - must.
- 2-6 years of hands-on embedded software development experience - must.
- Experience of developing user space applications in Linux - must.
- Fluent in C is a must, any other programming language - advantage.
- Experience in application layer protocols (MQTT, HTTP, FTP)
- Experience in communication protocols such as Wi-Fi, ZigBee and internet protocols - advantage.
- Experience ADC, I2C, SPI, UART, RS-485 , RS-232 - advantage.
- Self and fast learning abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills and out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong analytical skills