SolarEdge is a top global leader in smart energy technology. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, smart energy management solutions and more.
SolarEdge's power design teams play a crucial role in creating new innovative solutions, owning the process from system definition, through design & development and up to implementation, validation and manufacturing.
We are looking for a hands-on, experienced, and diligent engineer to join the team, who can see the bigger picture, understand all the system requirements and design considerations, taking on a major part of product HW development.
What will you be doing:
- Understand inverter design, constraints, and control. Use this understanding to help define HW, SW, and system requirements, and validation tests.
- Be a major part of product HW design, including characterization, implementation, and testing.
- Knowledge of all SolarEdge systems, use-cases, installations, and interfaces.
- B.Sc or higher in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-years or more experience in electronic HW development, board design, and testing.
- Experience in Analog or Power electronics.
- Experience working with lab equipment, e.g. Spectrum, Scope, Electronic Loads.
- Knowledge in analog or control simulations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills, willingness to gain and share new knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent English reading and writing skills
Requirements – Advantage
- 5kW and above power converter design – strong advantage
- Working understanding of PV systems, grid-tied inverters, storage systems, and electrical grid.
- 2+ years of proven experience in development and testing of complex systems.
- Systems integration and testing, working closely with mechanical, electrical, thermal, and software teams.
- FPGA/CPLD and/or Verilog/VHDL design.
- Strong background in system design from industries such as: UPS, PV inverters, Energy storage, or similar.