SolarEdge is a top global leader manufacturing smart energy solutions. We are expanding our offering with a new line of products – HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), and are building a new R&D group which will be responsible for the research, design and development of these new products, from conception to mass production.
Part of global presale department giving presale technical services to regional sales managers, end customers, distributors.
The Solar PV Engineer will be responsible for energy assessments, calculations and simulation using PVsyst, PV*SOL, Aurora, HelioScope and other modeling tools. The projects will primarily relate to commercial and utility-scale PV systems. Initial focus and specialization will be for PVsyst.
What will you be doing:
- Assistance with presale design using 3rd party simulation tools and SolarEdge Designer tool.
- Simulations using 3rd party tools.
- Simulations using SolarEdge Designer.
- Projects design review and optimization.
- Project calculation.
- Customers Training – How to use SolarEdge in 3rd party tools (also Designer).
- Creating Preliminary system designs.
- Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering/ practical engineer- must.
- High level English skills – both spoken and written - must.
- Comfortable working in Excel – basic formulas, pivot tables etc.
- Proficiency with CAD/Solid software – advantage.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized and methodic.
- Service orientated with 'system view', skills to solve ongoing problems.
- 'self study ability'.
The following are considered a plus:
- Some background in PV systems and technologies – advantage.
- Working knowledge of Google Sketchup – advantage.
- Previous experience with PV simulation tools - advantage.
- Experience reading architectural and electrical plans - advantage.