SolarEdge is constantly seeking energetic, talented individuals who are looking for challenging opportunities in this continuously growing industry. We invite you to build your career with us at SolarEdge.
SolarEdge is a top global leader, manufacturing smart energy solutions. The company's broad range of products encompasses intelligent inverter and storage systems, revolutionary EV charger, and by doing that, we are changing the way Electricity is being produced.
We are opening a new line of products – HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), and a new R&D group which will be responsible for the research, design and development of these new products from an idea stage till mass production.
We are looking for Thermodynamics Expert to join this group in its early stage, to deeply explore into this field and to integrate it with solar energy and the company’s products.
You will need to have extensive experience in Thermodynamics for HVAC, to have the ability and desire to deep exploring, to come up with innovative ideas and to solve un-familiar problems.
You will have a large part in creating and shaping completely new and innovative line of products.
What will you be doing
- Investigating, implementation and integration of A/C with Solar power systems
- Designing HVAC control logic for A2A inverter based A/C systems, state machines, protection schemes and system diagnostics
- Defining A/C component specifications and create relevant documentation
- Developing/Reviewing the structural design of products, electronic assemblies
- Writing and review thermodynamic specification of systems
- Writing specifications and drawings for special components purchased from outside suppliers
- Conducting and taking part in R&D design reviews
- Conducting reverse engineering and analyzing HVAC systems
- Operating HVAC systems in test lab
- Defining test conditions and procedures to qualify products according to international standards (ASHRAE/IEC)
- Managing HVAC installations and contractors for design and test facilities
- Establishing safety procedures for HVAC test facilities
- Acting as a Thermodynamics technical resource for team
- Investigating lab and filed failures. Find root cause
- May perform field activities as required
- BSc. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Other HVAC formal education
- Deep understanding of RAC systems operation, single/multi split and VRF technologies
- Cooling and heating capacity calculations, load calculations
- Acoustic design considerations
- Understanding compressors structure and operation (rotary)
- Inverter type compressor control
- Refrigerant types (R410 / R32)
- Read and create mechanical and piping drawings
- Computer skills - MS office tools/ Mechanical CAD tools – AutoCAD, Solidworks etc
- Basic understanding electrical engineering - Thermal resistance/power/voltage/current calculations
- Familiar with BMS systems and communication channels
- Product life cycle design phases