SolarEdge is constantly seeking energetic, talented individuals who are looking for challenging opportunities in this continuously growing industry. We invite you to build your career with us at SolarEdge.
The Strategic Buyer is responsible for managing supplier and assisting in the scheduling of materials and processing.
In this Position you will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, implementing and administering long term supply agreements for the assigned commodity areas. Key responsibilities include participating in cross-functional teams, researching best commodity practices, achieving cost reduction initiatives and executing sourcing strategies.
The strategic buyer should be well-organized and can work in a dynamic, fast-changing environment. The position requires multi-tasking skills .
- Works with assigned commodity group, planning and organizing all tasks.
- Be a strong team player with ability to work effectively on cross-functional Product Development Teams to support the quotation process and vehicle launches.
- Sourcing support- investigates potential suppliers.
- Participate in Supplier quality activities such as corrective action completion.
- Works with best total cost solutions. May coordinate and negotiate corporate contracts for assigned commodities with the expectation of providing purchase price reductions and establishing purchase pricing.
- Qualifies suppliers through Supplier Quality audits and continuously reviews supplier’s performance.
- Coordinates with Marketing and Engineering departments on new product development.
- Must be capable of handling multiple projects at one time.
- Maintain supplier relationships in order to drive cost reductions while continually achieving the highest level of quality material.
- Review, analyze and interpret various reports.
- Ability to evaluate procurement marketplace for assigned commodities.
- Remains current on economic, industrial and other trends that affect market and prices.
- Ability to interface with company and supplier senior management.
- 6 plus years purchasing experience of electronic components .
- Technical purchasing and out-sourcing skills.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.