SolarEdge is constantly seeking energetic, talented individuals who are looking for challenging opportunities in this continuously growing industry. We invite you to build your career with us at SolarEdge.
Join the team of a new and revolutionary SolarEdge product aiming to change the way the electric grid works!
In this position you will be take a key role in developing a modern, cutting edge, orchestration software for controlling “Distributed Energy Devices” writing algorithms optimizing the electric grid performance at continent scale.
We are looking for an expert in machine learning to help us extract value from our data. You will lead all the processes from data collection, cleaning, and preprocessing, to training models and deploying them to production. The ideal candidate will be passionate about artificial intelligence and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world
- Verifying data quality, and/or ensuring it via data cleaning
- Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed
- Defining the preprocessing or feature engineering to be done on a given dataset
- Training models and tuning their hyperparameters
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying models to production
- Collaborating with Backend engineers to integrate algorithms into effective orchestrators solving optimization problems
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in algorithm development. Proven experience in writing algorithms in Matlab/Python or equivalent.
- Fluent English, speaking and writing
- Proficiency with a deep learning framework
- Proficiency with Python and basic libraries for machine learning (or other relevant programing language)
- Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
- Ability to select hardware to run an ML model with the required latency
- Quick learning capabilities
- Highly motivated
- Works independently
- Strong analytical skills