SolarEdge is constantly seeking energetic, talented individuals who are looking for challenging opportunities in this continuously growing industry. We invite you to build your career with us at SolarEdge.
SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy technology which provides cutting-edge solutions for the way power is harvested and managed in solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. For our Mechanical group which is responsible for developing all SolarEdge products, we are looking for a Director of Mechanical Engineering.
As the Director of Mechanical Design and engineering, you will be responsible for working with Mechanical and Material Leaders, Manufacturing Operations Management, Product Managers and other functional leaders, to lead several Mechanical Engineering teams involved in the design, validation and implementation of innovative and cost effective product solutions, in order to meet customer requirements from creation of conceptual prototypes and architecture through development into full-scale production.
- Take ownership of mechanical design, analysis, documentation and testing of complex mechanical components and assemblies. Analyze critical areas of the design with the appropriate analysis tools.
- Play key role in ensuring the final design meets the requirements, quality, safety and cost goals of the product
- Direct and control the activities of the mechanical and material teams. Lead mechanical life cycle of the product from design, tooling, mass production, verification and failure analysis where needed.
- Oversee technology development to improve the design, construction, and reliability of our products
- Communicate mechanical issues to senior managers and executives.
- Organize efforts to identify, analyze and close mechanical design issues
- Visit factories to review assembly process, integration, and handling
- Participate in failure analysis efforts, root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Identify and mitigate potential schedule, budget or quality risks.
- Escalate to project leads and project management any discrepancies well before they become critical. Offer alternatives to realign the project with original goals.
- Responsible for subset team member coordination and mentoring.
- Provide technical and strategic guidance to subordinates to ensure achievement of goals and objectives
- Partner with NPI and Operations leaders to ensure Mechanical Engineering activities are well integrated with product development and manufacturing operations including the use of Design for Manufacturability principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 8 years of management experience.
- BS.c. or MS.c. degree is preferred.
- Candidates with knowledge in injection molding & tooling, sheet metal and die casting, colors/materials/finishes as well as working knowledge of mass-production manufacturing processes and material costs will have an advantage.
- Possesses knowledge, skills and analytical abilities to resolve most mechanical design related issues.
- Able to lead internal as well as external teams.
- Able to operate in a global environment.