SolarEdge is constantly seeking energetic, talented individuals who are looking for challenging opportunities in this continuously growing industry. We invite you to build your career with us at SolarEdge.
SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy technology which provides cutting-edge solutions for the way power is harvested and managed in solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Our mechanical and electronics solutions allow us to change the way power is harvested and managed. As a member of our Mechanical team, you’ll be responsible for managing and tracking the production and approval process of mechanical parts in all SolarEdge's products.
We are searching for a self-motivated and passionate Mechanical Prototype leader to manage and track the purchasing and manufacturing process of new mechanical parts and materials of innovative mechanical design products in the field of electronic packaging and renewable energies.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and track the production life-cycle of mechanical prototype parts.
- Communicate with local and abroad subcontractors.
- Manage the quotation process and price negotiation in front of purchasing department.
- Run purchase orders and promote lead time.
- Prepare forecast for all mechanical product BOM parts.
- Manage parts modifications and the delivery process.
- Handling critical parts in order to meet projects lead times.
- Promote the documentation approval process for all mechanical parts.
- Coordinate between R&D, Operation, Marketing & Quality & Reliability needs.
- Assist with prototype assembly and product testing.
- First degree in Industrial/Logistic Engineering or Practical Mechanical engineer.
- Familiar with production processes and mechanical drawings.
- Work Experience as a project leader/manager (can also be military experience).
- Work experience with purchasing or logistic process.
- Technical orientation.
- Fluent English.
- High level proficiency in Excel.
It would be a great advantage if you are:
- Familiar with Mechanical production process - plastic injection, die casting and metal forming.
- Work experience with sub-contractors and vendors.
- Experience in Priority/Agile software.