The SolarEdge Power Optimizer is a DC/DC converter that connects to each solar module in a PV system, turning them into smart modules. By constantly tracking the Maximum Power Point (MPP) of each individual solar module, Power Optimizers can increase system energy production, potentially growing revenues and shortening system ROI.
By attaching our Power Optimizers to each solar module, installers, EPCs and O&M personnel can easily monitor system performance and track, pinpoint, and resolve issues at any point along a string with surgical precision.
Introducing the S-Series Power Optimizer for Residential Installations
Our most advanced Power Optimizer, the S-Series, brings unprecedented production and protection to your next residential project.
With SolarEdge Sense Connect technology and alerts, you can deliver unrivaled safety. Through simplified wiring, speed up installs, and commissioning.
And, as always, continue to
- Boost module-level production with DC optimization, despite shading or debris
- Experience 100% system visibility with module-level monitoring
- Meet higher wattage modules, such as the M10 or G12, for maximum power density
Available for Order:
- S440: supporting PV modules up to 440Wp, Isc 14.5A, 60V
- S500: supporting PV modules up to 500Wp, Isc 15A, 60V
The S-Series S’s: Smart. Simple. Safe.
Pinpoint and resolve issues with real-time alerts
Move faster with simplified wiring
Install lasting confidence with Sense Connect technology
Sense Connect: Safety Optimized
SolarEdge Sense Connect is an industry-first innovation, providing a higher level of site protection by identifying abnormal thermal events in the connector and designed to prevent electric arcs from forming.
- Continuous monitoring for overheating, due to install issues or wear and tear
- Automatic inverter shutdown, if needed, when high abnormal temperature is detected
- Real time alerts for fast identification and resolution of issues
- SafeDCTM- Automatically reduces DC voltage to touch safe levels
- Rapid shutdown- discharges the conductors to safe voltage levels at the flip of a switch
Simplified Wiring for Faster Installs
With three short cables and one long one, connecting Power Optimizers is a snap. Plus, reduce exposure to potential isolation faults, increasing safety and further minimizing time onsite.
We've also simplified ordering, design, and inventory management by consolidating our module range.
A Smarter Way to Connect
Stay on top of your projects with advanced, remote monitoring and module-level visibility:
- Know the precise location of a faulty connector, in real-time, for fast resolution
- Be alerted to high abnormal temperatures and know if shutdown has been initiated
- High efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of module mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading and aging
- Compatible with multiple module types, including high current and bi-facial
- Advanced, real-time tracking of module performance
- Built-in, industry-leading safety features for maximum protection of people and property
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year product warranty
- Available frame mounted in advance, for quicker installation