The World's First EV Charging Inverter
SolarEdge’s EV charging single phase inverter enables homeowners to charge their electric vehicles directly from the power of the sun, maximizing their solar usage and further reducing their electricity bills. They will also benefit from the ability to charge EVs up to 2.5 times faster than a standard EV charger through an innovative solar boost mode that utilizes grid and PV charging simultaneously.
By installing the EV charging inverter, you’ll benefit from the reduced hassle of installing separately a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter, as well as integration with the SolarEdge monitoring platform.
Whether your customer owns an EV now or just wants to be EV-ready, get ready to drive your business into the future with SolarEdge.
Download the EV charging single phase inverter brochure
- Combines sun and grid power for charging up to 2.5 times faster than a standard EV charger
- Reduces workload and costs of installing separately a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter
- An EV-ready solution, futureproofed for new EV purchase or replacement, and compatible with multiple EV connectors
- Maximizes self-consumption by using excess PV for EV charging
- Fully integrated with the SolarEdge monitoring platform (monitoring connection is also required for first-time EV charging)
- Built-in meter enables separate tracking of EV power usage for visibility and control
- 12-year warranty(1), extendable to 20 or 25 years
- Demand-Response ready
EV Charger Configuration
For EV charger configuration via the monitoring app, Ethernet or ZigBee® connection is required.
Cellular connection may be used; requires a SIM card with a 1GB data plan that should be purchased from a cellular provider.
EV Charging Comparison
|Standard EV Charger
(2.7 kW 12A@230Vac)
|SolarEdge EV Charger Mode 3 with
Solar Boost Mode
Charging speed depends on PV production
(Maximum 7.4kW 32A@ 230Vac)(2)
|Added kilometers per
1 hour of charging (3)
|8 to 15 kilometers||35 to 40 kilometers|
|Charge time for
daily commute (3)
|4 to 8 hours||1 to 1.5 hours|
1EV charging cable and connector are not included
2 Check your car manual for maximum charge rate
3 Assuming 5 km/kWh and with a EU household average driving distance of 50 km per day