Transform PV Modules Into Smart Modules for Maximum Power and Efficiency
The SolarEdge power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each solar module, turning them into smart modules. The SolarEdge power optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature, which is designed to automatically reduce modules' DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a StorEdge inverter operating in backup mode).
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, each power optimizer automatically maintains a fixed string voltage, giving installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge power optimizers are compatible with c-Si, thin-film, and high current modules and have a 25-year warranty.
Power Optimizer Key Benefits:
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), with one power optimizer per two modules using commercial power optimizers
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of module mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading and aging
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Connected by installers to c-Si, thin-film, and high current (including bi-facial) modules
- Available frame mounted in advance, for quicker installation