Our Most Advanced Residential Power Optimizer Ever
The newest generation of SolarEdge Power Optimizers, the S-Series does more to protect people and property than ever before, as well as speeding up installation times and SolarEdge project design.
Future proofed to meet evolving module requirements, the S-Series is also compatible with higher current modules such as the M10 and G12.
And just like its predecessors, S-Series Power Optimizers boost PV system production with MPP Tracking per module and enable pinpointed visibility with module-level performance monitoring.
- S440: supporting PV modules up to 440Wp, Isc 14.5A, 60V
- S500: supporting PV modules up to 500Wp, Isc 15A, 60V
Automatic, actionable alerts for faster O&M
Simplified cable layout for easier installations
SolarEdge Sense Connect technology for cutting-edge arc detection and prevention
Smart: Real-Time Alerts for Easier O&M
The S-Series Power Optimizer offers module-level visibility of site performance and production, helping maximize system uptime and your O&M savings.
This also extends to the new SolarEdge Sense Connect feature:
- Installers are automatically alerted if connector overheating is detected and if inverter shutdown was initiated
- Module-level alerts pinpoint the location of the thermal event, so you can immediately identify the faulty connector
Simple: Improved Cable Layout for Faster Installations
By simplifying the Power Optimizer cable layout, S-Series installations go faster. With three short cables and just one long one, connecters now “float” close to the S-Series unit itself. This also helps reduce exposure to potential isolation faults, further reducing your time onsite and increasing system safety.
We’ve also significantly streamlined our Power Optimizer model range making project design, ordering and inventory management much easier.
Safe: More Protection with SolarEdge Sense Connect
The S-Series introduces SolarEdge Sense Connect*, an industry-first feature providing an even higher level of protection for people and property. We’ve extended PV system safety to the connector level by preventing electric arcs, rather than just detecting them at the string level.
- Sense Connect continuously monitors S-Series Power Optimizer connectors for overheating due to installation issues or wear and tear
- If abnormal temperature is detected, an event is triggered and the inverter is shut down, if needed
- An alert is automatically sent to the installer, including the issue location enabling fast identification of the faulty connector (location is visible in the Monitoring Platform’s Physical Layout)
And of course, SolarEdge SafeDC™, which automatically shuts down high DC voltage during inverter or grid shutdown, is still built-in to the S-Series models as before.
*Expected availability from 2022 via firmware upgrade