The SolarEdge Power Optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each solar module, turning them into smart modules. The SolarEdge Power Optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the Power Optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each Power Optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature, which is designed to automatically reduce modules' DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a SolarEdge inverter operating in backup mode).
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, the Power Optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge Power Optimizers are compatible with c-Si, thin-film, and high current modules and have a 25-year warranty.
SolarEdge helps you get ready for NEC 2020
Our line of inverters and power optimizers help you get ready for NEC 2020’s 690.12(B)(2), by providing an integrated solution for PV Rapid Shutdown System. As per the new provisions, the controlled conductors within the array boundary are limited to no more than 80V within 30 seconds of rapid shutdown initiation, and our commercial optimizers & inverters have been evaluated and listed to UL3741 to form a PV hazard control system that utilizes SolarEdge’s PV rapid shutdown system.
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, up to 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance, partial shading, and aging
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Connected by installers to c-Si, thin-film, and high current (including bi-facial) modules