Last Updated: July 13, 2023
SolarEdge’s Commitment to Privacy
- Visit our sites ("Visitors"), available at www.solaredge.com/uk or any other website or webpage under our control ("Sites").
- Registered to our monitoring platform – as installer or system owner - for the use of the SolarEdge accounts related to SolarEdge products and/or services ("Customers").
- Interact with us concerning our products and/or services via various sales and marketing channels such as conventions, “contact us” links and emails, the SolareEdge application, or other business activities ("Prospects"). (Visitors, Customers, and Prospects – "you" or "your")
To the extent the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") applies to our processing activities, SolarEdge Technologies Ltd. is the data controller.
Table of contents:
- Personal data we collect and how we process it
- What is Personal data?
- Collection of Personal data
- Sharing of Personal data
- International data transfer
- Data retention
- Your rights
- Children and Minors
- How to connect with us
Personal data and how we process
What is Personal data?
Personal data is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to a natural person such as but not limited to an installer or system's owner name, address, telephone number, email address or credit card number.
Collection and processing of personal data:
We will process any personal data that you have provided to us or that we have legitimately collected.
This may include contact details or browsing data:
Contact details: first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, the content of the message you sent, and any other personal data you may have provided during your communications with us.
We will process such personal data, should you submit any inquiries, request information or send us communications of any type. This personal data needs to be processed in order to enable us to provide a response to your inquiries or requests. The provision of any further personal data should be considered optional.
Profile information: your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your account name, account number, SolarEdge system identification number, photograph, interests, and preferences.
Registration information: information that may be related to a service, an account or an event for which you register.
Feedback or correspondence: information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
Demographic information: your street address, city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
Energy information: your energy production, electric bill, solar installation contract, energy consumption, battery settings and usage history, other load consumption or production, and other information relating to any of your energy resources.
Site information: information related to your solar installation including roof type, house size, device configuration settings, appliance usage, system configuration settings, electrical circuit breaker and panel details, permit information, and photographs.
Transaction information: information about your billing address, payments to and from you, Customer number, and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
Usage information: information about how you use the service and interact with us, including information associated with any meter identifier (make, model and serial number) or augmented revenue grade meter data (such as cumulative counter ending values as of the end of the month), output information, efficiency and other technical variables, content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the service.
Marketing information: your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications. We also may conduct user surveys, and research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products and services.
Information we collect through our products: SolarEdge wireless gateway is the networking hub that connects SolarEdge hardware (such as inverters, residential storage batteries, optimizers, and related accessories) of an SolarEdge energy system suite to our monitoring and management software. Once the SolarEdge wireless gateway is connected to the internet, it begins reporting your energy production, consumption, and site information to us and will continue to do so as long as it is online.
Information we obtain from other third parties: we may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner, such as a solar energy system installer, a grid services aggregator, or a utility, may share your contact and energy-related information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. Similarly, a business partner may share profile or registration information if they assist you in setting up an SolarEdge account. We may obtain your personal information (including the categories listed above) from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly available sources, existing SolarEdge customers, and data providers. In certain circumstances, SolarEdge collects your personal information from your installer at your direction. These third parties’ privacy policies govern their sharing of information with SolarEdge and their other processing, so we advise you to contact the third parties for further information.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies. Our emails may also contain web beacons. In our mobile application, we may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly from our mobile application.
The transmission of such data is implicit in the use of web communication protocols, and/or is useful for the improved management and optimization of the data and e-mail sending system and/or our monitoring platform services.
How is your personal data processed?
Your personal data is processed by SolarEdge manually and/or using IT and telecommunications tools. SolarEdge will process such data for specific purposes and only where there is a specific legal basis for doing so as laid down by current personal data privacy and protection legislation.
Specifically, we will process your personal data only when one or more of the following legal bases have been satisfied:
- you have freely given your specific, informed, clear, and unambiguous consent to the processing of such data;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- SolarEdge has a legitimate interest in processing such data;
- SolarEdge is legally obligated to process the personal data.
The following table sets out the purposes for which SolarEdge processes your personal data and the legal bases for doing so.
|PURPOSE OF PROCESSING||LEGAL BASIS|
|To enable users to use all the Web/App’s functions||Performance of a contract|
|To access and use our monitoring platform||Performance of a contract|
|To check the correct functioning of the Web/Apps||Performance of a contract|
|To ascertain responsibility in the event of computer crimes detrimental to the Web/Apps; detection, prevention, mitigation, or verification of fraudulent or illegal activities in connection with the services provided by the Web/App; implementation of security controls required by law||Legitimate interest|
|To respond to a query or request submitted by you||Take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract|
Sharing of Personal data:
Who are the recipients of the personal data?
Your personal data may be made available to:
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our business (such as payment processors, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management, as well as permit and rebate application preparation and submission services.)
- Third-party energy providers. At your direction, we may share or instruct our service providers to share your personal information with third-party energy provider partners or enable third-party energy provider partners to collect information directly via monitoring platform. For example, if you wish to sign up with a third-party energy provider (such as a utility company or an energy aggregator) or submit an application to a utility or governmental authority, we may share your information with such provider. This may include, without limitation, your name, email address, system location information, meter identifier information, and augmented revenue grade meter data.
- Installers and energy partners. We may share your information with installers or other energy partners for purposes of introducing you; facilitating a transaction; monitoring, financing, and servicing your SolarEdge product; customer service; and/or other purposes. This may include your name and contact information, unique site ID, IP address, system components and identification numbers, production information, and consumption information. Other energy partners may include, for example, solar renewable energy certificate (“SREC”) reporting services, third-party owners if you finance your system through a lease or power purchase agreement, or system maintainers.
- Developers using our API. We may share your personal information and performance data about your system with developers via our API. This sharing of information is done upon your written consent.
- Social media networks and advertisers. Subject to your marketing preferences, we share information with social media networks, such as Facebook, and advertisers to present our ads to you on other platforms.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Governmental authorities and private parties. We may share your personal information in connection with protection of rights, fraud prevention and safety, as described above.
- Business transfers. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Without your consent, we will not sell, or otherwise share your personal data with any third party for commercialization purposes.
International personal data transfer:
Your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, mainly in the EU or in the State of Israel (an adequate level country due to the 2011/61/EU Commission Decision of 31 January 2011).
By using the Web/App/our monitoring platform, you consent to transfer your personal information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
For data transfers from the EEA to countries not considered to offer an adequate data protection level, we enter standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably needed to:
- Establish, maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our services and support; and
- Comply with our legal and contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All are in accordance with our data retention policy.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of such data, the purposes for which we process it, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you are a Customer – an installer or system owner - we will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services for the created sites. If you wish to cancel your account, contact us at email@example.com If you request that we no longer use your data to provide you with services, contact us at DPO@solaredge.com.
Under the GDPR and other privacy regulations, you have certain rights concerning your personal data, which you may wish to exercise. The rights may include - to the extent applicable to you – the following:
- The right to obtain access to the personal data held by us about you and to request its rectification or erasure, or restriction of processing or, where applicable, the right to object to processing, including the right to direct us not to "sell" or "share" your personal data, or the right to data portability.
- Where the processing is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- If you are a GDPR-protected individual, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the EEA or the UK, as applicable.
- For any request concerning the processing of your personal data, we invite you to connect with our privacy team at DPO@solaredge.com
We will only fulfill your request if you have provided sufficient data that enables us to verify that you are the individual about whom we collected the personal data reasonably.
Children and Minors:
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 18: We do not knowingly collect personal data from children and minors and do not wish to do so. If we learn that a person under the age of 18 is using the Site/App, we will attempt to prohibit and block such use and will do our best to promptly delete any personal data stored with us about such child or minor. If you believe we might have such data, please get in touch with us by email at DPO@solaredge.com.
SolarEdge has appointed VP Risk Management and Internal Audit Ziv Iron as Data Protection Officer for monitoring and advising with ongoing privacy compliance and serving as a point of contact on privacy matters for data subjects and supervisory authorities. Our DPO may be reached at DPO@solaredge.com
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
How to connect with us:
Our headquarters is located in the State of Israel, HaMada 1, Herzelia, 4673335.
Our VP Risk Management and Internal Audit, Mr. Ziv Iron, is available at DPO@solaredge.com
Your continued use of the services after the implemented changes will constitute your acceptance.