Transform Solar Modules into Smart Modules for Maximum Power and Efficiency
The SolarEdge Power Optimiser is a DC/DC converter which connects to each solar module in a PV system, turning them into smart modules. By constantly tracking the Maximum Power Point (MPP) of each individual solar module, Power Optimisers can increase system energy production, potentially growing revenues and shortening system ROI.
By attaching our Power Optimisers to each solar module, installers, EPCs and O&M personnel can easily monitor system performance and track, pinpoint, and resolve issues at any point along a string with surgical precision.
Each Power Optimiser is equipped with industry-leading safety mechanisms such as the unique SafeDC™ feature, designed to automatically reduce modules' high DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down, for maximum protection of people and property.
Introducing the S-Series Power Optimiser for Residential Installations
SolarEdge has launched its most advanced residential Power Optimiser ever.
The S-Series further strengthens our industry-leading PV safety technology, setting a new benchmark for arc detection and prevention with SolarEdge Sense Connect (available later in 2022 via firmware upgrade).
We’ve also streamlined the Power Optimiser lineup for simplified project design and logistics, shortened installation times with an improved cable layout and future-proofed the S-Series models to meet evolving PV module requirements.
Flexible Design with Module-Level MPPT
MPP Tracking per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, each Power Optimiser automatically maintains a fixed string voltage, giving installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems.
The SolarEdge Power Optimisers are compatible with all module types including high current input and bi-facial modules.
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of module mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading and aging
- Compatible with all module types, including high current and bi-facial
- Advanced, real-time tracking of module performance
- Built-in, industry-leading safety features for maximum protection of people and property:
- SafeDC™, designed to automatically reduce DC voltage to touch-safe levels during grid or inverter shut down
- SolarEdge Sense Connect, for proactive monitoring and detection of faulty wiring that could cause overheated connectors or electric arcs*
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year product warranty
- Available frame mounted in advance, for quicker installation
* For S-Series Power Optimisers only, expected availability later in 2022 via firmware upgrade