Discover the Retrofit Market
Sell more PV systems by taking advantage of an aging install base of non-SolarEdge inverter systems.
- Are your customer’s existing PV systems underperforming?
- Are their inverters faulty or out of warranty?
- Do your customers want to enjoy better safety features and greater system functionality, such as battery storage, smart energy management, or performance monitoring?
Retrofit your customers to a SolarEdge system by replacing their existing inverter with a SolarEdge inverter and adding SolarEdge power optimisers to each panel in their system.
Upgrading to SolarEdge will bring your customers multiple benefits, all in a simple, affordable installation:
- Greater energy production for higher system revenue
- Panel-level visibility
- Improved system safety
- Expanded, future-proofed functionality
Many installed PV systems underperform over the course of their lifetimes, costing the system owner in lost energy and revenue. While the performance ratio of PV systems, which is the ratio between the theoretical and actual energy yield, has improved over the years, there are several factors which continue to cause energy loss due to panel mismatch.
Partial shading, uneven soiling, temperature variance, and manufacturing tolerances can all negatively impact the performance of the entire PV system as a result of the different maximum power points (MPP) of each panel in the array. The uneven aging rate of panels also continues to increase mismatch and reduces the return on investment of a PV system year after year.