Support a More
Are you an Xcel Energy electric customer in Colorado?
If so, now’s your chance to help stabilize the grid and earn a rewarding incentive.
Add SolarEdge Home Battery to your solar system and get paid to share excess energy with the utility when it’s needed most – help lower outages, pollution, AND electricity rates.
Through Xcel Energy’s ‘Renewable Battery Connect’ program, you’ll receive $2,500 upfront for every battery you add. Plus, you can also receive $100 for every year of active participation.
Are you a homeowner?
Ask your installer to sign you up today OR click to connect with a solar pro in your area.
Are you an installer?
Work with your customer to complete the enrollment process in Xcel Energy’s Interconnection Portal.
$500 per kW ($2,500 for one SolarEdge Home Battery, multiple batteries allowed)
Income Qualified/Disproportionately Impacted Community residents qualify for an increased incentive of $800 per kW ($4,000 for one SolarEdge Home Battery, multiple batteries allowed)
|Ongoing Incentive||$100 per year (up to $500 total) for participating in most control events|
|Discharge Events per Year||Up to 60|
|Program Timeframe||Year-round (24/7, excluding holidays and weather events)|
|Event Duration||Up to 3 hours|
|Use of Battery||
Xcel Energy will utilize up to 60% of battery capacity during event periods (homeowner retains minimum 40% reserve capacity)
What is the Xcel Energy ‘Renewable Battery Connect’ program?
To help maintain a stable grid with fewer outages – and work towards a carbon-neutral grid by 2050 – Xcel Energy is paying customers to share excess solar energy stored in their batteries. By participating in this program, customers will earn an upfront incentive and ongoing participation payments.
Eligibility requirements for SolarEdge
- You must be an Xcel Energy residential electric customer in Colorado.
- You need to own or lease a SolarEdge Home Hub Inverter with a SolarEdge Home Battery.
- You will agree to allow Xcel Energy to discharge up to 60% of battery capacity during periods of grid stress.
- You must maintain the connection of your SolarEdge inverter to your SolarEdge Home Battery or Batteries, a cellular or high-speed home Internet connection, as required by SolarEdge.
How much money can I earn through the Xcel Energy ‘Renewable Battery Connect’ program?
By enrolling in the program with a SolarEdge Home Battery and participating for five years, customers can earn a one-time upfront incentive of $2,500 - plus an annual participation payment of $100. Customers installing multiple batteries at the same site will earn the incentive for each battery they install.
Are there penalties for underperformance during events?
No, there are no penalties for underperformance.
How do I apply for the Xcel Energy ‘Renewable Battery Connect’ program?
Installers can apply on behalf of their customers using Xcel Energy’s Interconnection Application Portal, located here.
Why a SolarEdge Battery?
- A SolarEdge battery backs up more switches and sockets with up to 30% more power for heavier loads
- Best-in-class 94.5% efficiency means more energy and longer backup time
- Gain the ability to support essential loads OR the whole home
- Competitive 10-year warranty with 70% retention and zero power cycle limitations
- Easily control your battery and other SolarEdge devices, like EV Chargers, with one app: mySolarEdge
- Learn more here
If I enroll, will I still have backup if the power goes out?
During an event, Xcel Energy will reserve 40% of the battery for your use. You can choose how to use the remaining 40% of your battery, i.e., for power outages or maximizing self-consumption. On the 295 days when Xcel Energy is not calling an event, 100% of the battery will be available for your use.
If I already have a SolarEdge Home Battery, can I still participate?
No. Only newly installed SolarEdge home batteries that are submitted via a new interconnection request are eligible to enroll in the program and claim the incentive.
Can I unenroll from the program?
Please contact your installer to discuss the provisions of unenrollment.
The Renewable Battery Connect Program is administered by Xcel Energy and incentives are subject to Xcel Energy’s full terms and conditions. Please visit Battery Connect | Renewable Energy | Xcel Energy or contact your installer.