The SolarEdge Power Optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each solar module, turning them into smart modules. The SolarEdge Power Optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the Power Optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each Power Optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature, which is designed to automatically reduce modules' DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a StorEdge inverter operating in backup mode).
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, the Power Optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge Power Optimizers are compatible with c-Si, thin-film, and high current modules and have a 25-year warranty.
SolarEdge is ready for NEC 2017
Our line of inverters and Power Optimizers helps you get ready for NEC 2017's revision to 690.12, implemented from 1 January, 2019, by providing an integrated solution for PV Rapid Shutdown System (PVRSS) 2019. The new provision, specifies that conductors within the array’s 1ft boundary are limited to 80 V or less within 30 seconds of rapid-shutdown initiation.
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), with MPPT per two modules using commercial Power Optimizers
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, up to 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance, partial shading, and aging
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety, compliant with NEC 2017 and the revised PVRSS 2019
- Connected by installers to c-Si, thin-film, and high current (including bi-facial) modules