Extract More Energy from Existing Solar Systems with SolarEdge Power Optimizers
Many installed PV systems underperform over the course of their lifetimes due to a variety of factors, costing the system owner in lost energy and revenue. By adding SolarEdge power optimizers to an existing system, you’re providing MPP tracking for each individual module, ensuring that each module is performing to its maximum capability regardless of other modules in the string.
For existing systems suffering from mismatch-related power losses, SolarEdge offers multiple retrofit solutions to ensure optimal energy production.
Option 1: Module-Level Power Optimization
Add a power optimizer to each module for added energy through module-level MPPT. There is no need for additional hardware or inverter replacement.
Option 2: Smart Modules
In addition to SolarEdge power optimizers, install the SolarEdge Safety and Monitoring Interface to enable:
- Added energy through module-level MPPT
- Enhanced maintenance through module-level monitoring
- Automatic module level DC safety
SolarEdge Retrofit Products
- Power optimizer – with independent optimization technology IndOP™
- Safety and Monitoring Interface – for module-level monitoring and safety of retrofitted systems
- SolarEdge Key – commissioning tool that is used to enable SolarEdge power optimizers to work with non-SolarEdge inverters without installing any additional hardware