Surge Protection Device Plug-in
Lightning and other surge events are unpredictable and can destroy an unprotected inverter in a moment. The surge protection device (SPD) plug-in is designed to protect both RS485 communication buses of SetApp-enabled three phase inverters(1) in cases where surge events might occur.
Small and inexpensive, this SPD easily snaps into the inverter’s RS485 terminal block via the 6-pin connector. It’s also ideal for existing installations, as it can be connected without having to redo the RS485 wiring.
The SPD plug-in meets the IEC 61643-21 and EN 61643-21 standards and has shown the ability to withstand multiple surge events during testing.
- Cost-efficient solution for protecting inverter’s RS485 communication lines/li>
- Easily added to existing installations without rewiring
- Designed to withstand lightning and other surge events
- Ships five plug-ins to a box
(1) Excluding three phase inverters with synergy technology
Suitable for new and existing installations
The SPD plug-ins protect SolarEdge commercial Inverters from lightning and other surge events, which are unpredictable and can destroy an unprotected inverter in a moment.
Small and inexpensive, they are easily added to existing installations without the need for rewiring.